New to my Blog??

New to my Blog??

Click on the below links to read my previous stories..

Bus#126W       My Family and I       Games we play       All Roads Lead Home       As Good As It Gets       Whodunit?      

The Reunion       A Dog's World      My Sister's Daughter

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

As Good As It Gets - 10 - The Actual Date

Aditya and I went out for coffee that evening. We didn’t go to any of the coffee lounges or loud clubs. He took me to this quaint little place, which was quiet, beautiful and intimate. Perfect for a first date. I wondered how many girls he had got here before.
“Like it?” Aditya touched my elbow and guided me to our table.
“It’s nice.. How’d you find this place? Its so out of the way..”
“All you girls, have the same questions.” He laughed. “You won’t believe it, every girl I’ve got here has asked me that very question!”
The smile slowly disappeared from my face.
“Really?” I asked with a fake smile plastered on my face. I didn’t know how else to react.
“Yeah. Next time, I’ll take you to this great Pizzeria I know..”
“Don’t be so sure there will be a next time.” I answered sweetly.
He threw his head back and laughed loudly.
“That’s what I love about you. You are so.. so..”
“Goregous? Stunning? Smart? Intelligent?” I supplied him with adjectives helpfully.
“Different..” He said. And that was it, with one word, he changed the mood in the café from fun to intimate. Our voices became lower and our conversation ,personal.
He was a great listener and I realized it was time to leave only after my mum called a gazillion times.
He was silent as we drove back. I chatted on, unaware of what he was thinking.  Before we knew it, we were near my apartment.  I got off the bike.
“I had a great time Aditya..” I smiled broadly at him. It was true, I had had a blast. He had been everything I had imagined and more. He took off his helmet and ran a hand through his hair.
“Goodnight then..” He smiled.
“Night..” I whispered and turned to leave.
“Anagha,” He called out and reached out for my hand. He pulled me closer and pecked me slightly on my cheek. Was he allowed to do that?
 “I had a great time too.” He smiled softly.
I stood there dazed.
“Are you alright?”  He asked with a wicked smile on his face.
“I.. am..  ” I stammered.
“Going to meet me tomorrow too?” He asked.
I shook my head. It was my turn to mess with his head.
“We’ll see..”  I said as I turned away. I didn’t want him to see the smile on my face.
I felt a little good having had the last word.
I sat in my room till wee hours that night wondering why had he pecked me? Were we more than friends now? Or that’s what he did with his friends?

3 comments:

  1. Of foolish young love and roguish charm..haven't we all been there..sighhhhhh..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the Vikram guy better than Aditya :)

    ReplyDelete